This product is a recombinant type human ribonuclease inhibitor purified using a combination of ion exchange and affinity chromatography.
This inhibitor exhibits broad-spectrum RNase inhibitory properties, including RNase A, RNase B, RNase C and human placental RNase. Does not inhibit RNase T1, S1 nuclease, RNase from Aspergillus, and RNase H. The 50kDa protein exerts its inhibitory effect by noncovalently binding to RNases in a 1:1 ratio. This inhibitor can be applied to a reverse transcriptase reaction.
- Stabilizes RNA in a cDNA synthesis or a RNA synthesis reaction.
- Dees not inhibit SP6, T7 or T3 RNA Polymerase, AMV or M-MLV Reverse Transcriptase, or Taq DNA polymerase.
- Exhibits broad-spectrum RNase inhibitory properties.
- Active over a broad pH range (pH 5-8).
- cDNA synthesis, in vitro transcription, in vitro translation
E. coli strain carrying the cloned human placenta ribonuclease inhibitor gene
One unit is defined as the amount of RNase inhibitor required to inhibit the activity of 5 ng of ribonuclease A by 50%.
20 mM Hepes-KOH (pH 7.6), 50 mM KCl, 8 mM DTT, 50% Glycerol
Store at -20ºC
RNase inhibitor (20-40 U/µL)*
* Specific activity : approximately 100 U/µg protein
Example 1.Inhibition effect of RNase inhibitor on RT-PCR
Reverse transcription was performed with a random primer using total RNA from HeLa cells as a template with or without RNase inhibitor and RNase A. The results of amplification of human IL-8 genes from the cDNA suggest that the addition of RNase inhibitor to the reverse transcription step effectively and efficiently protects mRNA.