- Personal Information Protection Policy
- Announcement of Matters Pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
Personal Information Protection Policy
The Toyobo Group, having recognized that we have an important duty to engage in business activities that fully take into consideration the protection of personal information under the Toyobo Group Companies Code of Conduct, has formulated this Personal Information Protection Policy (this “Policy”) and will strive to appropriately protect personal information .
1. Definition of Personal Information
For the purpose of this Policy, “personal information” refers to personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003), including information concerning a living individual that can be used to identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description contained in such information.
2. Compliance with Relevant Laws and Regulations, and Guidelines
The Toyobo Group will properly handle personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, relevant laws and regulations, relevant guidelines, and internal rules.
3. Obtainment of Personal Information
The Toyobo Group will obtain personal information by fair and lawful means.
4. Announcement etc. of Purpose of Use of Personal Information
In principle, when obtaining personal information, the Toyobo Group will provide you with prior notification or make a prior public announcement of the purpose of use.
5. Use of Personal Information
The Toyobo Group will handle personal information to the extent necessary for the realization of the purpose of use of which you have been notified or that has been announced publicly. Further, the Toyobo Group will not provide personal information to third parties without your prior consent; however, the foregoing will not apply if personal information is handled pursuant to relevant laws and regulations etc. or provision of personal information is permitted under relevant laws and regulations etc.
6. Joint Use of Personal Information
If the Toyobo Group intends to use personal information jointly with a third party, it will provide you with prior notification or make a prior public announcement. In cases where personal information will be used with the Toyobo Group companies, the scope of persons who will jointly use the personal information will be as follows:
Toyobo Co., Ltd. and its domestic group companies.
7. Matters Concerning Management of Personal Information
To the extent necessary for the realization of the purpose of use, the Toyobo Group will endeavor to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date. Further, the Toyobo Group will take necessary and appropriate measures for the safe management of personal information to prevent any leak, loss, or damage etc. Further, the Toyobo Group will carry out necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and contractors (including subcontractors) who handle personal information to ensure the safe management of personal information.
8. Inquiry Office
To respond to your requests, inquiries, opinions, and complaints etc. regarding notices of purpose of use, disclosure of personal information or records of provision to third parties, correction, addition, erasure, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to third parties etc. of personal information, the Toyobo Group will establish a dedicated inquiry office (this means “6. For Inquiries” of “Important Matters Concerning the Handling of Personal Information by the Company”), and respond in good faith in accordance with relevant laws and regulations etc.
9. Enactment of Personal Information Protection Rules
The Toyobo Group will stipulate personal information protection rules to implement this Policy, ensure that the officers and employees of the Toyobo Group understand this Policy and the personal information protection rules, investigate the state of implementation of this Policy and the personal information protection rules in a timely manner, and make necessary improvements.
10. Response to Foreign Personal Information Protection Laws and Regulations
To comply with applicable foreign laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information, the Toyobo Group will take appropriate measures when necessary.
11. Education and Training
To properly manage personal information, the Toyobo Group will provide education and training on this Policy and personal information protection rules to its officers and employees.
October 15, 2019
(Amended: February 22, 2023)
Toyobo Co., Ltd.
Compliance Committee Chairperson
Announcement of Matters Pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
1. Name etc. of Business Operator Handling Personal Information
Osaka Umeda Twin Towers South, 1-13-1 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0001 Toyobo Co., Ltd., Representative Director Ikuo Takeuchi
*For a list of Toyobo Group companies in this Announcement of Matters Pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, please visit this page
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information at Toyobo Group Companies
(1) Personal information of customers
- To provide information regarding Toyobo Group Products and Services (as set forth below), and related information to customers;
- To notify customers of seminars, exhibitions, and events etc. held by the Toyobo Group;
- To provide after-sales services to customers;
- To collect and provide information concerning the development of new products;
- To improve and enhance Toyobo Group Products and Services;
- To conduct surveys, campaigns, and sweepstakes;
- To perform duties and exercise rights in relation to transactions;
- To respond to inquiries, etc.;
- To negotiate and meet with customers;
- To manage reservations and histories of visitors to Toyobo Group facilities;
- To prepare, research, and analyze marketing data, and study and implement marketing measures; and
- To provide, solicit, advertise, and otherwise market Toyobo Group Products and Services or third-party products and services, etc. that match interests and preferences based on analyses of attributes and behavior histories of customers via Toyobo Group or third-party media.
Toyobo Group Products and Services
- Manufacture, processing, and sale of textile industrial products.
- Manufacture, processing, and sale of synthetic resins and their molded products and chemical industrial products;
- Manufacture, processing, and sale, and import and export of biochemicals, pharmaceuticals, food, and related products;
- Design, manufacture, and sale, and import and export of, electronic equipment, laboratory instruments, medical devices, and related equipment;
- Development and sale of computer software, computers, and peripheral equipment;
- Design, manufacture, and sale of plants and equipment, and sale of technology and information;
- Design, manufacture, and sale of buildings, building materials, and housing-related products;
- Sale, purchase, leasing, and management of real property;
- Worker dispatch business and paid employment placement business;
- Damage insurance agency business, services related to life insurance sales, and financial businesses; and
- Businesses ancillary to the foregoing items.
(2) Personal information of shareholders
- To exercise rights and perform duties under the Companies Act (Act No. 86 of July 26, 2005);
- To enable issuers to grant benefits to shareholders;
- To implement measures for the purpose of facilitating the relationship between shareholders and companies from the perspectives of a member of an association and the association; and
- To carry out management of shareholders such as preparation of data on shareholders based on standards prescribed by relevant laws and regulations.
(3) Personal information of recruitment applicants (including internship applicants; hereinafter the same) and retirees
- To verify the identity, application histories, and other information of recruitment applicants in connection with employment (including employment of interns; hereinafter the same) to screen and to determine their eligibility for employment;
- To improve the employment process;
- To give notices regarding employment opportunities and events, etc. of Toyobo Group companies;
- To communicate with recruitment applicants and retirees;
- To provide necessary information regarding joining a Toyobo Group company, to manage employment after a recruitment applicant joins a Toyobo Group company, and to manage retirees; and
- To prepare or use statistically analyzed materials for employment screening and formulation of plans for hiring in the future.
- To comply with provisions of relevant laws and regulations and administrative notifications and guidelines, etc.; and
- To implement internal audits.
3. Joint Use of Personal Information
The Toyobo Group may jointly use personal information as set forth below.
- Items of personal information that will be used jointly: Your company name, department, name, age, date of birth, title, address, telephone number, email address, employer’s homepage address and fax number, and other information on business cards, content of inquiries, time and date of inquiries, and seminar attendance records;
- Scope of persons who will jointly use the personal information: Toyobo Co., Ltd. and its domestic group companies;
- Purposes of use of persons who will jointly use the personal information: The same purpose of use as those set forth in “2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information, (1) Personal information of customers”;
- Personal information manager: Toyobo Co., Ltd. (Representative: Ikuo Takeuchi, Representative Director);
- Address of personal information manager: Osaka Umeda Twin Towers South, 1-13-1 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka.
4. Matters Concerning Security Control Measures
Security control measures by Toyobo Group companies
The Toyobo Group companies formulate and establish basic policies and internal rules concerning the handling of personal information, appoint persons who are responsible for handling personal information, take measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment that handles personal information, implement access control, and take other measures that are necessary and appropriate for the security control of personal information.
Supervision of employees etc.
To ensure the security control of personal information when handling personal information, the Toyobo Group companies impose on the relevant employees a duty of confidentiality, regularly inspect the state of handling of personal information, and carry out other necessary and appropriate supervision. Further, in cases where a Toyobo Group company contracts all or some handling of personal information to a contractor, to ensure the security control of such personal information, it carries out periodic audits pursuant to the agreement with the contractor, and other necessary and appropriate supervision.
Ascertainment of external environment
When handling personal information outside of Japan, the Toyobo Group companies regularly collect and ascertain information concerning personal information protection systems in the relevant countries, and take measures for the security control of personal information.
5. Request for Disclosure etc.
If you wish to be notified of the purpose of use or receive disclosure of personal information or records of provision to third parties, or any correction, addition, erasure, suspension of use, or suspension of provision to third parties, etc. of personal information, please see Method of Requesting Disclosure, etc.
Please address all inquiries to the following:
When you access any information page of the Toyobo website, your access history (access log) will be retained automatically. Information retained by the company will be used for statistical analyses of service providers, browser names and versions, types of operating systems used, and the state of use of viewed websites to improve convenience going forward. However, your personal information will not remain in the access log.