- Cooperation with external organizations
- Contributing to local communities and human resource development by leveraging the attractiveness of research and development
- Operation and management of public research funds and efforts to address research misconduct
Cooperation with external organizations
The Toyobo Group is also engaged in joint research and technology exchange with companies, universities, public research institutes, and external partners in Japan and overseas, mainly through industry-government-academia collaboration.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry: New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare: Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology: Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Ministry of the Environment, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
We are also engaged in joint research with many national and private universities, and in activities under comprehensive partnership agreements.
Contributing to local communities and human resource development by leveraging the attractiveness of research and development
|Supporting young researchers and contributing to the development of biotechnology
|Toyobo Biotechnology Foundation
|Research incentive program to support human resources
|Toyobo Polymer Science Award, funded by Leave a Nest Research Fund
|Aiming to develop the next generation industrial creation leaders in the region
Shiga-based Growth Business Identification and Cultivation Consortium
|Support for habitat survey on Lake Biwa
|Co-Sponsoring "Lake Biwa Challenge: 100 sites eDNA survey" (Ryukoku Lecture with Shiga Prefecture related to Lake Biwa Day)
Operation and management of public research funds and efforts to address research misconduct
Toyobo will endeavor to prevent fraud by properly operating and managing public research expenses under the following responsibility system.
Operation and Management System for Public Research Expenses
|Chief Administrative Officer
|President & Representative Director, CEO & Co-COO
|Oversees the entire company and is ultimately responsible for the operation and management of public research funds
|Executive Officer, Innovation Department
|Assists the Chief Administrative Officer and has substantial responsibility and authority to oversee the company as a whole in the operation and management of public research funds
|Head of Beneficiary Department
|Head of Beneficiary Department that received public research funds (or a person equivalent)
|Has substantial responsibility and authority for the operation and management of public research funds in own department
|Director of Research Ethics Education
|Executive Officer, Innovation Department
|Supervise the implementation of research ethics education
|Fraud Control Officer
|General Manager, Legal & Compliance Department
|Take final responsibility for dealing with misconduct
Consultation counter for internal and external parties regarding the operation and management of public research funds
Internal and external reporting counter regarding misconduct in public research funds
Basic Policy on the Prevention of Misconduct in Public Research Funds
Based on the Guidelines for the Management and Audit of Public Research Funds, Guidelines for Responses to Research Misconduct, Guidelines for the Management of Conflicts of Interest, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Guidelines for Public Research Funds") established by the relevant ministries that provide research funds such as competitive funds, we have established the following basic policy for fraud prevention measures, and perform appropriate operation and management of public research funds and responsible R&D activities.
- In addition to Guidelines for Public Research Funds, we will comply with relevant laws, regulations, and manuals established by the distributing organizations.
- We will clearly define and operate a system of responsibility and operating rules for the operation, management, and R&D activities of public research funds.
- We will conduct educational and awareness-raising activities for members involved in the operation, management, and R&D activities of public research funds in order to increase their understanding of operational rules and awareness of the prevention of misconduct.
- In order to prevent fraud, we will formulate and implement a fraud prevention plan that addresses the factors that may cause fraud.
- We will manage the conflict of interest situation of researchers to ensure that fair and proper judgment is not compromised when a researcher has a financial interest with an institution other than our company.
- An effective monitoring system shall be established for the proper operation and management of public research funds.
- We will establish an internal and external consultation counter for the operation and management of public research funds, and an internal and external reporting counter for misconduct.
- We will investigate and take appropriate disciplinary actions against suppliers and members of our company who are involved in the fraud.
- We will use indirect expenses in a planned and appropriate manner to improve the functions of the research system and the research environment as a whole in connection with the implementation of research.