Toyobo Group Personal Information Protection Policy
The Toyobo Group recognizes the important responsibility of conducting business activities with due consideration for the protection of personal information. The Group proclaims this responsibility in the TOYOBO Group Charter of Corporate Behavior and has established the Personal Information Protection Policy presented below to ensure that personal information is appropriately protected.
- 1. Definition of personal information
- Personal information is any information, such as a name, date of birth, or other description, that could be used to identify a specific individual.
- 2. Compliance with laws and guidelines
- The Toyobo Group handles personal information in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations, the Guidelines on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and each group company’s internal regulations.
- 3. Acquisition of personal information
- The Toyobo Group acquires personal information through fair and legal means.
- 4. Disclosure of the purpose of use of personal information
- When acquiring personal information, in principle, the Toyobo Group notifies the individual or declares the purpose for which the information will be used.
- 5. Use of personal information
- The Toyobo Group uses personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the Group has notified or declared to the individual. The Group does not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the individual. However, this limitation does not apply if the information is handled in accordance with the law or if the law permits the provision of such information.
- 6. Sharing of personal information
- The Toyobo Group will notify or declare to the individual in advance if personal information is to be shared with a third party. Note that the Group shares personal information with Group companies as needed for the stated purposes. The companies with which the information is shared may be viewed on the following web page.
- Toyobo Co., Ltd. and Toyobo Group companies
- 7. Security management measures for personal information
- The Toyobo Group endeavors to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. The Group implements necessary and appropriate security management measures for personal information to prevent leaks, loss, or damage. The Group also conducts the necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and contractors (including subcontractors) that handle personal information.
- 8. Disclosure of personal information
- The Toyobo Group, in good faith and in accordance with law, provides notifications to individuals about the purpose of use, and responds to requests from individuals to disclose, correct, suspend usage, or suspend the provision of personal information.
- 9. Supervision of employees and contractors
- The Toyobo Group conducts the necessary and appropriate supervision of employees to ensure personal information is securely managed. The Group also conducts the necessary and appropriate supervision of third parties to which the handling of personal information has been outsourced to ensure personal information is securely managed.
- 10. Service desk
- The Toyobo Group maintains a dedicated service desk through which it receives and responds in good faith to questions, inquiries, opinions, and complaints about personal information, including about information disclosure and handling as well as requests for the correction or suspension of use.
- 11. Regulations for the protection of personal information
- The Toyobo Group has established personal information protection regulations for the application of the Personal Information Protection Policy. The Group ensures all executive officers and employees are fully informed about the Group policy and the personal information protection regulations, audits the implementation status in a timely manner, and makes necessary improvements.
- 12. Personal information protection laws of other countries
- The Toyobo Group takes appropriate steps as necessary to comply with laws of other countries regarding the handling of personal information.
- 13. Education and training
- To ensure the proper management of personal information, the Toyobo Group provides education and training for the Company’s executive officers and employees regarding the Personal Information Protection Policy and internal regulations.
- October 15, 2019
Chair, Compliance Committee
Toyobo Co., Ltd.